Some e-gov related things:
- Social exclusion is clearly in Cabinet Office.
- Council FDs should be responsible for the council and community. A tricky ask, you’d have thought they have enough to do sorting the council out.
- Good financial management is the only option for successful public sector reform. But she would say that, wouldn’t she?
- LAs are to deliver Â£1.3bn in efficiencies in 2006/07 (as their forward look says) which is ahead of target. I haven’t done the comparison of forward and backward looks, now they are available.
- Whitehall could save Â£500m a year doing HR and Finance properly. In the launch event, the Scottish Executive suggested that their shared services strategy was looking for Â£750m savings on Â£26bn total spend. Pro-rataed, this gives on Â£14bn saving on Â£500bn spend for England. We thought Â£40bn. Who can say?